The question at hand is:
" What are a salesman's Key Performance Indicators?"
In other words: how can sales management objectively assess one salesman's performance?
What factors are crucial?
How are they measured?
Does sales management typically fail to see factors that are of importance?
Is revenue the only real indicator?
Here are some that I consider to be important:
- Gross Profit per deal
- Delivery performance to customer
- Quality performance to customer
- Market share development
- New business revenue (hunting)
- Customer retention rate / loyalty
- Target versus Actual performance
- # of new customers created
- Level of knowledge (products, sales, business environment)
- Job satisfaction / motivation / attitude
- Training / learning opportunities
- Input to internal team / culture
- Education / training attended
What are your thoughts?
Your input is much appreciated!!