Relaxed, refreshed, well-rested, and with renewed personal perspective I have returned from my vacation (in beautiful Spain).
As always, besides the relaxation, a vacation allows you to contemplate, re-seat, plan, and focus on the future. With a different horizon and a different environment it seems easier to see your daily reality with clarity and without bias. Major topics vs. periphery.
And in going through that process, I came to several points of thought, including:
- Where do I want to be a year from now?
- What is my goal? (On a professional, and a personal level)
- Am I doing the things I need to do to reach my goals?
- Is anything distracting me that I should eliminate, for me to be successful?
It makes sense to re-align goals and focus over time by comparing the above answers with the answers you had last year.
In addition, I read the following wisdom somewhere, that I thought was as corny as it is true:
" Happiness is a journey, not a destination "
Interesting if you add that wisdom to your answers.
In other words:
" Live your dreams, and work hard at it, but make sure to have a ball getting there. "
More 'corny' wisdom for you - so true:
- If you ever want to HAVE, you must be willing to DO
- When duty calls, people of character will rise
- Ordinary people can do extraordinary things
- Overcoming insurmountable odds requires courage
- Everyone has their own line to cross, and hurdle to take
- Living with purpose results in a purposeful life
WHAT'S YOUR LINE?